About the Course
Biotechnology is technology based on biology – biotechnology harnesses cellular and biomolecular processes to develop technologies and products that help to improve our lives and health of our planet.
B.E (Biotechnology) is a 4-year course programme.
The Biotechnology programme at RITEE is driven by the development of theoretical knowledge base as well as the business needs of the Biotechnology sector.
It comprises of a flexible model where the course content continuously evolves with the rapid changes occurring in the Biotechnology industry. The courses provide competence in Biotechnology through training in the areas of Microbiology, Biological Chemistry, Analytical Techniques, Molecular Biology, and Bioinformatics.etc. The major thrust of the programme is towards the integration of theoretical knowledge with hands-on practical experience.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) was established in the year 2004 with an undergraduate program in Biotechnology on the recommendation of Directorate of Technical Education (C.G.). Our vision has been to impart quality education for budding biotechnology professionals and also provide strong interdisciplinary research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. Apart from providing in-depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects the students are provided with additional training in soft skills; opportunities are given to explore extra-curricular activities for holistic development and enriching experience. Interdisciplinary research areas are bioprocess technology, environmental biotechnology, nanotechnology, microbial technology, bioinformatics, genetic engineering; etc. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and have been demonstrated in the field of patenting and innovation, resulting in increased knowledge generation through life science research and application of techniques of biotechnology.
- Biotechnology graduates have a vast field of career opportunities depending on their chosen field.
- Pharmaceutical sector, Biological Sciences, Healthcare, Food Processing Industry, Food, and Chemical Industries seek Biotechnology Professionals for handling positions of Production Engineers, Quality Control Analyst, etc.
- India is soon to be a hotspot for the Biotech Industry. It is estimated that the Biotech sector in India is estimated to grow by46 percent CAGR by 2025.
- India is among the top 12 biotech destinations in the world and ranks third in the Asia-Pacific region. Biotechnology is a promising field that can bring about appreciable changes in agriculture trends, food productions and, healthcare.
The core biotechnological companies providing placements on a mass scale every session are:-
- Dabur research foundation
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- E Health care
- Lal Path Labs
- National Council of medical research –NewDelhi
- Windlass biotech limited
- Mankind pharmaceuticals
- Amul India
- Mother dairy India
- Biotech Park – Lucknow
- Zaneka Health care pvt.ltd
|1st Sem||2nd Sem||3rd Sem||4th Sem|
|Language (Professional communication in English||
|Cellular and Molecular Biology||Transport Process|
Environment & Ecology
|Microbial Technology||Thermodynamics and Biochemical Reaction Engineering|
|Molecular Dynamics and Bioenergetics||Physiology|
|Phytochemistry||Recombinant DNA technology|
|Basic Electrical Engg.||
Basic Mechanical Engg
Basic Civil Engg.
|Instrumentation Techniques||Medical Biotechnology|
|5th Sem||6th Sem||7th Sem||8th Sem|
|Enzyme Technology||Bioprocess Technology||Unit Operation||Industrial Biotechnology|
|Biosafety &Bioethics||Basic Immunology||Immunotechnology||Food Processing Technology|
|Process Economics and Management||Environmental Biotechnology||Stem Cell in Health Care||Agriculture Technology|
|Heat & Mass Transfer Operations||Bioinformatics||Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||Bioentreprenuership|
|Tissue Culture||Applied forensics in Biotechnology||Oncology||Nanotechnology|
|Computational Biology||Fertilizer Technology|