About the Course
4 Years / 8 Semesters (Full Time), Intake Capacity: 60
The branch of Chemical Engineering deals with the chemical processes for manufacturing purpose, designing of equipment with fundamental understanding and application towards the various levels of process engineering and its fraternity such as petroleum, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, foods, paper are the name of the few.
Since its inception in the year of 1995, the Department of Chemical Engineering at Raipur (RIT), Raipur (CG) specializes in most of the modern broad areas as stated above in consideration with conventional and advanced level of technologies such as Process Control, Thermodynamics, Reaction Engineering, Heat & Mass Transfer Operations, Modeling & Simulation, Advanced Separation Techniques, Environmental Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies etc. It is the only institute with repute in Chhattisgarh under CSVTU, other than NIT, Raipur offering Chemical Engineering Course in the state. The Department has academically enriched multi-dimensional research-oriented faculty base from the premier institutes of national and international reputes such as IITs, ICT, and NITs etc.
The Department also delighted with sponsored projects funded by different sponsoring agencies such as DST, COST etc. In brief, the global presence of the Department is certified by its diversified interdisciplinary techno-research revelation and was accredited by the NBA.
- Chemical Engineering deals with Manufacturing, Designing of equipment, process, and Production.
- Chemical Engineering focuses on learning Chemical Processes; Fertilizers, Polymers, Plastic, Pulp and Paper, Pharmaceutical and their application in the industry.
- Various job profile that suits chemical engineers is Production Engineer, Scientific Research and development services, Environmental Engineer etc.
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering specializes in the field of Mass and Heat Transfer, Reaction Engineering, Thermodynamics, Process Dynamics And Control.
- Chemical Industries; SAIL, Fertilizer, Rubber, Polymer
- Oil and Petroleum Industries; HPCL, IOCL, NPCIL, ONGC, CIL, etc.;
- Cement Industries; ACC, Lafarge, Ambuja, Ultratech, Shree
- Environmental Sectors; Air, Water, Solid Waste, Safety, and Hazards,
- Food and Beverages
- Paper and Pulp
|1||Applied Mathematics-I||1||Applied Mathematics-II|
|2||Professional Communication in English||2||Environment & Ecology|
|3||Applied Chemistry||3||Applied Physics (New)|
|4||Engineering Graphics||4||Basic Civil Engineering|
|5||Elements of Electrical Engineering||5||Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|1||Mathematics-III||1||Fluid and Particle Operations|
|2||Inorganic Process Technology||2||Environmental Pollution and Control|
|3||Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering||3||Process Stoichiometric Calculations|
|4||Applied Physical Chemistry||4||Material Technology|
|5||Strength of Materials||5||Fuel Technology|
|6||Instrumentation & Measurement||6||Organic Chemistry|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|1||Fluid Flow Operations||1||Systems Analysis and computer programming|
|2||Heat Transfer Operations||2||Chemical Reaction Engineering|
|3||Computational Methods in Chemical
|3||Separation Processes –I|
|4||Organic Process Technology||4||Process Safety and Plant Utility|
|5||Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics||5||Process Equipment Design I|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|1||Petroleum Refinery Engineering||1||Process Equipment Design III|
|2||Environment legislation and Impact Assessment||2||Modeling and Simulation|
|3||Separation Processes – II||3||Process Dynamics and Control|
|4||Process Equipment Design-II||4||Process Economics and Management|
|5||Transport Phenomena||5||Non Conventional Energy Sources|