About the Course
Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil Engineering is traditionally broken into a number of sub-disciplines. It is the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. Civil Engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
Welcome to the Department of Civil Engineering at RITEE. The Department of Civil Engineering started its journey in 2009. Our Dept. has well-qualified teaching faculties which have a great length of experience. The faculty is a conglomerate of a variety of field experienced people and also people with high academic career and varied specialization like Structures, Water Resources Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, etc. There are about a dozen laboratories with various research and testing facilities.
- Civil Engineering Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, Science and Engineering in the solution of Civil Engineering Problems.
- Civil Engineering Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, Equipment and Software to analyze and solve problems.
- Civil Engineering Graduates will function effectively as an individual, and as a leader or member in a diverse team and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Civil Engineering Graduates will show the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the environment, society, and awareness of contemporary issues.
- Civil Engineering Graduates will be able to compete in competitive examinations.
Civil Engineering jobs involve supervision, construction, design, and analyzes of private as well as public projects, such as
- Dams & Canals
- Highways & Railways
- Airport & Harbour
- Water sewage and environment
- Power plant
- Transportation & traffic
|2||Professional Communication in English|
|5||Elements of Electrical Engineering|
|2||Environment & Ecology|
|4||Basic Civil Engineering|
|5||Fundamental of Mechanical Engineering|
|2||Fluid Mechanics – I|
|3||Surveying – I|
|4||Mechanics of Solids|
|6||Civil Engg. Drawing|
|1||Structural Analysis – II|
|2||Structural Engineering Design – I|
|3||Geotech Engineering – I|
|1||Structural Engineering Design-II|
|6||Water Power Engineering|
|1||Structural Engg Design – III|
|2||Water Resources Engineering – I|
|3||Environmental Engg – II|
|4||Quantity Surveying and Cost Evaluation|
|1||Water Resources Engineering – II|
|4||Structural Engineering Design – IV|
|5||Advanced Environmental Engg|