About the Course
BE in Computer Sc. & Engineering is the most sought-after branch for the selected students that come to the Institute. Our graduates have distinguished themselves in higher studies at the top Universities. They also occupy positions of eminence in the computer industry. Our Alumni remain in constant touch with us and are contributing to the development of the department. Placements for our graduates are the best in the Institute.
The Department was established in the academic year 1999 offering a 4-year undergraduate program with an annual intake of 90. The department is also successfully running 2 Post Graduate Programs in Computer Science and Engineering and Software Engineering since 2008.
The faculty members of the department have global experience and training. The departmental research is focused in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Parallel Processing, Software Engineering, Image Processing, and Computer Vision, Medical Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Data mining and Web mining, Biometrics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, and Information Extraction. The department has all the facilities to carry out the related teaching and research work. The Department enthusiastically supports and initiatives students to create intellectual communities that extend beyond the classroom, and we encourage students at all levels to take advantage of the programs offered at the global level.
The scope of the branch / Course in for computer science and engineering graduates:
- Software Applications: The application of computer science and engineering technology to solve problems outside the field of computer science – for example, medical or educational applications.
- Artificial Intelligence: The development of computers that simulate human learning and reasoning ability.
- Computer System Architecture: The design of new computer instruction sets, working to combine optical or electronic components to create faster, more cost-effective computing environments.
- Information Technology: The development and/or management of information systems that support industry, which can involve hardware, software, algorithms, databases, and man-machine interfaces.
- Software Engineering: The creation of methods for the production of software systems quicker and more efficiently.
- Operating Systems and Computer Networks: The development and implementation of the basic software computers use to supervise themselves or communicate with other computers in a network.
Graduates of this course could occupy a job position in the following areas.
- Web Developers
- Software Developers
- Hardware Engineers
- Software Compliance
- Software Testing
- Database Analysts (SQL)
- Applications Developer
- Security Analysts
- Business System Analyst
- Data Warehouse Developer / Analyst
- Mobile Applications Developer
Some National and Multinational Companies who offer Job to Computer Science graduates are AMAZON, CISCO, Google, IBM, TATA, Infosys, Microsoft, Wipro, Oracle.
|No of Subjects||BE 1st Semester||BE 2nd Semester||BE 3rd Semester||BE 4th Semester||BE 5th Semester||BE 6th Semester||BE 7th Semester||BE 8th Semester|
|1||Applied Mathematics‐I||Applied Mathematics‐II||Mathematics-III||Computational Mathematics||Microprocessor and Interfaces||Computer Networks||Mobile Computing & Application||Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems|
|2||Professional Communication in English||Environment & Ecology||Basic Electronics||Discrete Structures||Analysis and Design of Algorithms||Compiler Design||Parallel Processor and Computing||Data Mining & Warehousing|
|3||Applied Chemistry||Applied Physics (New)||Computational Science||Data Structures||Programming in Java||Enterprise Resource Planning||Network Programming||Cyber Security|
|4||Engineering Graphics||Basic Civil Engineering||Problem Solving & Logic Building using C||Computer Systems Architecture||Theory of Computation||Software Engineering & Project Management||Cryptography & Network Security||Decision Support System|
|5||Elements of Electrical Engineering (New)||Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering (New)||Computer Concepts & Web Technology||Object-Oriented Concepts & Programming using C++||Unix & Shell Programming||Computer Graphics||E-Commerce & Strategic IT||Internet & Web Technology|
|6||Digital Electronics & Logic Design||Operating System||Database Management System||Inter-Networking with TCP/IP|