About B.Sc Nursing:
B.Sc Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a 4-year undergraduate Nursing course in the domain of medical nursing. This course focuses on reinstating health and providing care to the sick. The B. Sc Nursing syllabus consists various subjects of study such as Nutrition, Mental Health Nursing, Child Care Nursing, Anatomy, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Nursing Research and Statistics amongst many others.
Nursing is an art and science dedicated to educating individuals in protecting people from diseases, improving the physical and psychological well-being of patients by delivering the health care instructed by the doctor and planning, applying and checking the patient care. In harmony with the university’s mission, our faculty is committed to excellence in teaching, research, clinical practice, and professional service. The resources available to you both on campus and at affiliated health care agencies support clinical practice, research, intellectual inquiry, and creative learning. The Department of Nursing partners with many excellent healthcare institutions and clinical sites to provide students resources to practice the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom and simulation laboratory.
B.Sc Nursing program allows candidates to further pursue higher studies or opt for a job once it is completed. A person could work in the following profiles after graduating from this course-
- Staff Nurse
- School Health Nurse
- Industrial Nurse
- Case Manager
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Manager / Administrator
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Practitioner
Aspirants can opt for further education options like M.Sc in the following disciplines:
- Sc Nursing
- Sc Biotechnology
- Sc Medical Microbiology and Medical Biochemistry
- Sc Neuroscience
- Sc Renal Sciences and Dialysis Technology
- Sc. Medical Sociology
- MBA in Pharmaceutical management/Hospital Management
- Post Graduate Program in Public Health Management (PGPPHM)
B.sc nursing students from our institution have 100% placement in various health care sectors to multi-specialty hospitals in Chhattisgarh. The topmost reputed hospitals in Raipur and hospitals from other states conduct yearly campus placement for our graduates. Many of the scholars from our institution pursue higher studies and opted for working in an educational institution in Chhattisgarh.
The B. Sc Nursing Syllabus consists of various subjects as follows:
|B. Sc Nursing 1st year:
1. Anatomy & Physiology
2. Nutrition & Biochemistry
3. Nursing Foundation
7. Introduction to Computer
|B. Sc Nursing 2ndyear:
2. Pharmacology, Pathology & Genetics
3. Medical Surgical Nursing-I
4. Community Health Nursing-I
5. Communication and Education Technology
|B. Sc Nursing 3rd year:
1. Medical Surgical Nursing-II
2. Child Health Nursing
3. Mental Health Nursing
4. Midwifery & Obstetrical Nursing
|B. Sc Nursing 4th year:
1. Midwifery & Obstetrical Nursing
2. Community Health Nursing-II
3. Nursing Research and Statistics
4. Management of Nursing Services and Education
Admission criteria for B. Sc Nursing Course are as follows:
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of:
Higher secondary school certificate Examination (12 years course),
Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), pre-degree Examination (10+2)
An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or University with science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English.
- A candidate should have passed in subjects of PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in PCB at the qualifying examination. i.e. 10+2.
- English is a Compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B. Sc Nursing.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates may be given.
Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit of the Pre B.Sc. Nursing entrance examination held by the University or competent authority of Chhattisgarh.