Master of Computer Application is a Three year Degree Program. The MCA Program prepares the students to get into the IT industry –one of the most preferred industries today to take up positions like system analyst, system designer, programmers and managers in any area of computer application. It is a three-year-long course, it is a professional post-graduate program for individuals aiming to delve deeper into the world of application development through the way of learning a modern programming language. An MCA degree offers the student a chance to work with tools meant to develop the better and faster application.
Computer Application is the study of the process that interacts with data and that can be represented as data in the form of programs. It enables the use of an algorithm to manipulate, store and communicate digital information. Its fields can be divided into theoretical and practical discipline. Computational complexity theory is highly abstract while computer graphics emphasize real-world applications. Programming language theory considers approaches to the description of the computational process, while computer programming itself involves the use of programming languages and complex systems.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|· Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science||· Operating System|
|· Information and Web Technology||· Database Management System|
|· Problem Solving And Program Design With C||· Data Structures|
|· Computer Organization & Architecture||· Computer Oriented Numerical Analysis|
|· Professional communication in English||· Introduction to Management Functions|
|· Programming Lab in C||· Data Structures Laboratory|
|· Software Technology Lab I||· Programming Laboratory in RDBMS|
|· Professional Communication in English||· Software Technology laboratory II|
|· Personality Development||· Group Discussion|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|· Computer Networks and Communication||· Artificial Intelligence and Expert System|
|· ComputerOriented Optimization||· Compiler design|
|· Formal Languages and Automata Theory||· Software Engineering|
|· Unix OperatingSystem andShell||· Advanced JAVA Programming|
|· ObjectOriented MethodologyandC++||· ArtificialIntelligence Lab|
|· ProgrammingLabin C++||· Advanced JavaLab|
|· Unix lab||· Project-I|
|· Software Technology Lab III||· Aptitude Training|
|· Report Writing & Seminar|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|· Cyber Security||· Project|
|· Computer Graphics and Multimedia||· Seminar on Project|
|· Software Project Management|
|· Elective – II|
|· Elective – III|
|· Graphics and Multimedia Lab|
|· Software Technology Lab-IV|
|· Managerial Skills|
There are many opportunities for Post Graduate Students of Computer Application in the following places.
- Programmer in Govt. and Private Sector
- Assistant Programmer in Govt. and Private Sector
- Data Analyst
- Software Consultant
- Team Leader
- Network Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- Relationship Manager
Students from our institution have good placement record over the years. Most of the students are placed in domestic and International Companies.
1. Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline. (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, any other graduate degree from any recognized university)
1. 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates may be given.
Entrance / Selection Test:
· Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit of the CG Pre MCA entrance examination held by the University or competent authority of Chhattisgarh.
2. Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline.(Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, any other graduate degree from any recognized university)
3. The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of GNM with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, 45% for OBC, ST and SC category Students.
4. Candidate must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course. BCA and BSC(CS) students are eligible for Lateral entry.