About M. Sc Nursing Course:
M. Sc Nursing is a postgraduate course in theories and principles of nursing and allied sciences. A candidate has to be a B.Sc. / P.B.B.Sc Graduate in Nursing from a recognized university in order to be eligible for this course. M.Sc. Nursing is a two year Post Graduate program which specializes in many branches like Medical & Surgical Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Nursing, and Mental Health Nursing. M.Sc. Nursing graduates can obtain jobs in Multi-speciality Hospitals, Private and Government Hospitals, Academic and Research center, Nursing Homes, old-age homes, Armed Forces. The course provides knowledge of Research and administrative work in the field of Nursing.
Nursing is an art and science dedicated to educating individuals in protecting people from diseases, improving the physical and psychological well-being of patients by delivering the health care instructed by the doctor and planning, applying and checking the patient care. In harmony with the university’s mission, our faculty is committed to excellence in teaching, research, clinical practice, and professional service. The resources available to you both on campus and at affiliated health care agencies support clinical practice, research, intellectual inquiry, and creative learning. The Department of Nursing partners with many excellent healthcare institutions and clinical sites to provide students resources to practice the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom and simulation laboratory.
RITEE College of Nursing offers the M. Sc Nursing programme in the following Specialization subject / Department.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
Mental Health Nursing
There are many opportunities for Post Graduated nurses in the following places.
- Nursing homes
- Clinics and Health Departments
- Orphanages and old age homes
- Industrial houses and factories
- Railways and public sector medical departments
- Nurse Training Institutes as educators
Some of the career options are as follows.
- Nurse administrator
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Researcher
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Hospital Nursing
- Public Health Nursing/ Community Health Nursing
- Military Nursing
- Industrial Nursing/ Occupational Health Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
M.Sc Nursing students from our institution have 100% placement in various health care sectors to multi-specialty hospitals in India and Abroad. The topmost reputed hospitals in Raipur and hospitals from other states conduct yearly campus placement for our graduates. Many of the postgraduate students pursue a doctoral degree in Nursing and opted for working in an educational institution in Govt. and Private Sectors.
The M. Sc Nursing Syllabus consists of various subjects as follows:
|M. Sc Nursing 1st year:
1. Advanced Nursing Practice
2. Nursing Education
3. Nursing Research & Statistics
4. Clinical Specialty-I
|M. Sc Nursing 2nd year:
1. Nursing Management
2. Dissertation & Viva
3. Clinical Specialty-II
Admission criteria for M. Sc Nursing are as follows:
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates may be given.
Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit of the Pre M. Sc Nursing entrance examination held by the University or competent authority of Chhattisgarh.