About the Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing Course:
PBBSc Nursing is two years undergraduate degree course. It helps the GNM nurses to improve skills and knowledge by undergoing this course.PBBSc Nursing course upgrades the GNM Nurses to develop teaching, administration, and research in the advanced modern world.
Nursing is an art and science dedicated to educating individuals in protecting people from diseases, improving the physical and psychological well-being of patients by delivering the health care instructed by the doctor and planning, applying and checking the patient care. In harmony with the university’s mission, our faculty is committed to excellence in teaching, research, clinical practice, and professional service. The resources available to you both on campus and at affiliated health care agencies support clinical practice, research, intellectual inquiry, and creative learning. The Department of Nursing partners with many excellent healthcare institutions and clinical sites to provide students with resources to practice the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom and simulation laboratory.
P.B. B.Sc Nursing program allows candidates to furthur pursue higher studies or opt for job once it is completed. A person can work in the following profiles after graduating from this course-
- Staff Nurse
- School Health Nurse
- Industrial Nurse
- Case Manager
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Manager / Administrator
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Practitioner
Aspirants can opt for furthur education optons like M.Sc in the following disciplines:
- B.Sc Nursing
- B. Sc Biotechnology
- B. Sc Medical Microbiology and Medical Biochemistry
- B. Sc Neuroscience
- B. Sc Renal Sciences and Dialysis Technology
- B. Sc. Medical Sociology
- MBA in Pharmaceutical management/Hospital Management
- Post Graduate Program in Public Health Management (PGPPHM)
Public Health Administration
Post Basic B.sc nursing students from our institution have 100% placement in various health care sectors to multi-speciality hospitals in Chhattisgarh. The topmost reputed hospitals in Raipur and hospitals from other states conduct yearly campus placement for our graduates. Many of the scholars from our institution pursue higher studies and opted for working in an educational institution in Chhattisgarh.
The Post Basic B. Sc Nursing Syllabus consists of various subjects as follows:
|P.B.B. Sc Nursing 1st year:
1. Nursing Foundation
2. Nutrition & Dietetics
3. Biochemistry & Biophysics
6. Maternal Nursing
7. Child Health Nursing
8. Medical-Surgical Nursing
|P.B.B. Sc Nursing 2nd year:
2. Community Health Nursing
3. Mental health Nursing
4. Introduction to Nursing Education
5. Introduction to Nursing Administration
6. Introduction to Nursing Research
Admission criteria for Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing are as follows:
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of GNM with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in GNM in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- After GNM with the Registration certificate from the State Nursing Council, the candidate can be permitted to join in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing without work experience.
The candidate shall be medically fit.
Post Basic B.sc nursing students from our institution have 100% placement in various health care sectors to multi-specialty hospitals in Chhattisgarh. The topmost reputed hospitals in Raipur and hospitals from other states conduct yearly campus placement for our graduates. Many of the scholars from our institution pursue higher studies and opted for working in an educational institution in Chhattisgarh.
Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit of the Pre P.B.B.Sc Nursing entrance examination held by the University or competent authority of Chhattisgarh.