RITEE Group of Institute has formed a Grievance Redressal Cell which is available for students by the teacher counselors.
This Cell helps each student develop as an individual in his/her own right, make choices and set goals on the basis of his/her strengths. It also supports students to deal with their personal, social, career-related concerns.
The Students Counselling Cell also maintains a notice board where posters, charts and cartoons pertaining to various issues are exhibited. The e-mail is yet another medium of communication for the students and the Counseling Cell wherein the students can write for appointments or asking for help. The students counseling cell e-mail is email@example.com. This cell use e-mails to communicate information about workshops, send articles and even for follow-up with students. This has evoked a positive response from the students.
THE COUNSELLING CELL OFFERS SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS, WHO ARE FACING PROBLEMS LIKE,
- Anxiety and stress, Depression, loneliness.
- Adjusting to a new culture; homesickness.
- Problems with family, friends or intimate relationships.
- Bereavement and loss.
- Study problems, including difficulties with writing, speaking and putting things off (procrastination) and perfectionism.
- Addictions, including alcohol, drugs and gambling.
Teacher counselors, trained to act as the guardians of students at the college level, remain in close touch with the students allotted to them (batch of 25 students) throughout the year, cater to their emotional and intellectual needs and guide them to move up in their career at regular interval of time. Teacher counselors coordinate with wardens of hostels and exchange personal details of students, academic record and behavior patterns for prompt pre-emptive or corrective action.
WE HAVE DEVELOPED A COUNSELLING PROCESS AS FOLLOWS:
- Relationship building
- Problem Assessment
- Goal Setting
- Counseling Intervention
- Termination or Referral
THROUGH COUNSELLING, OUR STUDENTS CAN BE BENEFITTED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Develop a better understanding of the cause and development of emotional difficulties which enable them to have better control of their feelings and actions.
- Develop a more positive attitude towards their self &acknowledge and their strengths & weaknesses.
- Learn to analyze a problem and develop strategies to work towards a solution.
- Learn to acquire social and interpersonal skills such as effective communication and anger control etc.
- Identify their personal work values, career interests and preferences to increase motivation for studies.
- Prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century through academic, career, and personal/social development.
MEMBER OF STUDENTS COUNSELLING CELL:
The following faculties are the member of students counselling cell:
|1||Ms. Varsha Priyanka Das||Chair Person|
|2||Mrs. Surya Thyagarajan||Member|
|3||Mr. Sunil Singh||Member|
|4||Ms. Neelima Caroline Minj||Member|