Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Why to choose ET & T Engineering in RITEE ?
The department of Electronics& Telecommunication Engineering of RITEE established in the year 1995, to offer undergraduate program with an annual intake of 90. The department is also running post graduate M.E. program in Power Electronics.
The department gifted with highly qualified and dedicated faculty with specialization covering various areas of Electronics& Telecommunication Engineering.
Quality standardization policy is being followed and the department is one of those departments which has a creditable achievement of NBA accreditation.
The state of art laboratories such as VLSI Lab, Digital Signal Processing Lab, Circuit Simulation Lab, Instrumentation & Sensor Lab, Communication Lab, Digital Circuit Lab, Microprocessor, Microcontroller & Embedded system Lab, complement the high standards set by the syllabus and nature the inclination of the students towards research and development, also providing access for high end software like, MATLAB, QUAL NET, PSPICE-16.3 Xilinx along with various processing tool boxes.
The department organizes seminars, workshops and conferences for over all technical development of students and also conducts guest lectures which give students a feel of ambience of industries and the constantly developing areas in industries.
The department always encourages the students to participate in other departmental activities like student mentoring Co-curricular activities, Industrial visits, Alumni meet etc.
We have a large pool of our pride alumni in various organizations at important positions. This has been playing a very active role in the placement of the students.
Department's primary objective is to ensure good academic environment for all the students. With bright academic, students can excel with excellence in their professional career. Therefore, under systematic education plan and monitoring, department is carrying out number of activities which will shape the professional career of the student as a technocrat/ techno manager.
UG( BE - Electronics & Telecommunication)
PG ( M.Tech - Power Electronics)
Current scenario of the Industry
It has been estimated that demand of electronics products and systems in India would grow to about USD 400 Billion by 2020. At the conventional rate of growth of domestic production, it would only be possible to meet demand of about USD 100 Billion by 2020. The Government attaches high priority to electronics & IT hardware manufacturing. It has the potential to generate domestic wealth and employment, apart from enabling cyber-secure ecosystem. There have been some efforts for rapid growth of the electronics (including telecom) hardware manufacturing sector in the past like 100% FDI permitted under automatic route, no Industrial license requirement, payment of technical know-how fee and royalty for technology transfer under automatic route. However, these efforts have not led to a substantial impact; partly because of India is a signatory to the Information Technology Agreement (ITA-1) that has resulted in a zero duty regime on import of the goods covered under the Agreement. India has also executed Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) and Preferential Trade Agreements (PTA) with several countries/ trading blocks, which has enabled zero duty import of items not covered under ITA. Other factors hampering the growth of electronics includes lack of reliable power, high cost of finance, poor logistics & infrastructure, weak components manufacturing base, lack of targeted & proactive R&D in collaboration with industry etc. DeitY has taken us some key steps to boost manufacturing of specific products which are listed below:
• Boost for indigenous manufacturing of TVs, ITA Products, LED Lights, Medical Electronic Products, Solar Photovoltaic Cells, smart cards, Microwave Ovens,
• Semiconductor wafer fab manufacturing units (Investment linked deduction under Section 35AD has been extended to semiconductor wafer fab manufacturing unit.)
Telecommunication Equipment Manufacturing (BCD on Telecommunication equipment not covered under ITA has been increased from zero to 10%.)
Salient features of Department
- The department is the choice of the students in Central India.
- Excellent academic results.
- Students have undergone Academic/Industry training.
- Extra coaching for company specific pre-placement trainings for GATE,GRE,Exams
- State -of-art computing facility with 24*7 Wi-Fi Internet.
- Students excel in Professional Examinations.
- Students outshine in various sports activities of University / State level.
- Alumni have achieved higher position in Multi-National Companies and Government sectors.
- Young, enthusiastic & dedicated staff with research aptitude.
- Faculty members have to their credit around 50 research publications.
- Annual industrial Visits are organized for the students to get first-hand experience of the industry.
Graduates can work as technical support engineers, design/research and development engineers, production engineers or service engineers in various fields such as electrical and electronic companies, telecommunications companies, computer hardware or software companies, network companies like like DMRC, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd and Flextronics and Philips Electronics and many more.
The faculty has published more than 50 papers in international journals and presented papers in national and international conferences.
|S.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Experience||Specialization|
|1||Dr. Zoonubiya Ali||HOD, Associate Prof.||Ph.D||19 yrs||VHDL, Artificial Neural Network|
|2||Prof.Ritesh Diwan||Associate Professor||Ph. D.(Pursuing), M. Tech.||12 yrs||Digital System, Microprocessor & Microccontroller, Embedded System, DSP Controller, Wireless Communication|
|3||Prof Tikeshwar Gajpal||Assistant Professor||M. Tech.||08 yrs||Digital signal processing and signal system|
|4||Dr.B Anjanee Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||08 yrs||Wireless communication and Networking|
|5||Prof Shraddha Ramani||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||06 yrs||Liner Integrated Circuit adapter, Analog Communication, Analog Electronics, Adv. Communication System|
|6||Prof Ritesh Bohra||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||6.5 yrs||VLSI & Embedded System Design|
|7||Prof Avinash Dewangan||Proterm Lecturer||M.Tech (Pursuing)||03 yrs||Power Electronics|
|8||Prof. Rashmi Singh||Proterm Lecturer||M.Tech (Pursuing)||6 Month||Electromagnetics Field, Power Electronics, Control System, Power Converter|
To become a centre of excellence to produce knowledgeable high quality, self motivated , and ethical engineers and technocrats contributing effectively to society.
- To educate the students with the state of art knowledge to meet demands of the nation.
- To empower practicing engineers to meet the growing challenges of the industry.
- To provide quality and contemporary education in the domain of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering through periodically updated curriculum, best laboratory facilities, research and effective teaching- learning process
- To adopt the best pedagogical methods in order to maximize knowledge transfer.
The programme aims to:
PEO 1: To prepare the graduates to succeed in industry/ technical profession to make them capable for design & control of electronic systems.
PEO 2: To train the graduates with software skills, core engineering knowledge to understand, analyze and design electronic products and solutions for the real life applications.
PEO 3: To instill in graduates the professional and ethical attitude, teamwork skills, leadership, and multidisciplinary approach.
PEO 4: To provide graduates an impressive academic environment, needed for a successful professional career & life-long learning.
PEO 5: To provide special attention to graduates to improve oral & written communication skills
After Successful completion of program students will attain:
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals, to solve the engineering problems.
- Ability to Identify, formulates, and analyzes engineering problems using principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Ability to develop solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes to meet the needs of the society.
- Ability to use engineering knowledge to design experiments, analyze, interpret data, and synthesize the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Ability to create, selects, and applies appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and simulation tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Ability to access and analyze the impact of engineering practices on societal issues.
- Ability to access and analyze the impact of engineering practices on environmental issues.
- Ability to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities in engineering practices.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual or as a leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary field.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write precise reports, design documentation, make effective presentations for engineering activities
- Ability to analyze financial aspects involved in Engineering projects with managerial skills
- Ability to prepare and engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological change.
About the future scope of Electronics and Telecommunication
Scope of Branch
An electronics engineer can find a job in Consumer electronics manufacturing organization , Telecommunication & IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing , Mobile communication(2G,3G,4G), Internet technologies, Power Electronics, and other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control, telecommunications, aeronautical and military fields.
ECE also have several job openings & good pay-packages as compared to other branches.
Electronics and Teleommunication Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like DMRC, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd and Flextronics and Philips Electronics, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Broadcom .