About the Course
M. Tech in Energy Management is a 2-year post graduate degree course in which a student gets an in-depth knowledge of various facets of energy. This technical course gives the opportunity for students to perform research on various areas like Energy Efficiency and Conservation, Solar PV and Thermal, Solar Energy and Biomass and Bio-Fuels, under expert guidance. The course aims at teaching the students about the efficient production, management, and utilization of energy resources and this is done through various theoretical and practical courses. The course introduces students to various forms of energy and their importance in our lives and for the development of our nation. Students study in deep about solar energy, non-conventional energy sources, biomass, energy storage technologies, auditing techniques and also about Indian energy scenario.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1995 with an undergraduate programme in Mechanical Engineering. Over the last two decades, the department provides an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and applied research for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The department is running three different specialization courses (Thermal Engineering, Machine Design and Energy Management) in post graduation level and also a recognized research center for conducting Ph.D. programme under Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University (CSVTU), Bhilai Chhattisgarh. The department has the modern infrastructure to undertake high-end teaching, research, and development activities in its modern laboratories, besides highly experienced faculty. The department provides an effective learning platform for understanding the application of basic engineering in the field of thermal, energy management, the design of machines, production, robotics, and computer-aided design and manufacturing etc. Interdisciplinary work is key to our department’s success. Our faculties and students work together in collaborative environments, forging partnerships across campus and with many government agencies and industry partners. It provides quality learning with the widest applicability and most flexibility in terms of career paths.
- The renewable energy industry is expanding rapidly. Due to this, the career opportunities are also increasing. The opportunities abound in the private & public sector, especially in energy-intensive industries.
- The energy engineers are to focus on finding efficient, clean and sustainable ways to supply energy. They work in a variety of roles that includes:
- Designing and testing machinery.
- Developing ways of improving existing processes.
- Ensure safety standards.
- Converting, transmitting and supplying the useful energy to meet the needs for electricity.
- After completion of this course, postgraduates may work in areas like Electricity Boards, Atomic Power Plants, Hydroelectric Power Plants, Thermal Power Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electricity Sectors, Natural Gas Plants, Petroleum, Steel, and Chemical Plants, Colleges and Universities, etc.
- These professionals may work in positions like Regional Manager, Project Consultant, Design Engineer, Networking Engineer, System Engineer, Purchase Executive, Purchase Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Senior Piping Engineer, Energy Analyst, etc.
- Students can be employed in the oil and gas industry, energy production companies, or in government and university research project
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|