About the Course
The Department is well equipped with the conventional equipment to pursue its PG level of curriculum program. It has substantial strength in the broader field of Environmental Research since more than a decade with a focus for real-time optimization and solution. In addition, it is being well supported by a computational research lab for the purpose of simulation and modeling work.
Since its inception in the year of 1995, the Department of Chemical Engineering at Raipur (RIT), Raipur (CG) specializes in most of the modern broad areas as stated above in consideration with conventional and advanced level of technologies such as Process Control, Thermodynamics, Reaction Engineering, Heat & Mass Transfer Operations, Modeling & Simulation, Advanced Separation Techniques, Environmental Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies etc. It is the only institute with repute in Chhattisgarh under CSVTU, other than NIT, Raipur offering Chemical Engineering Course in the state. The Department has academically enriched multi-dimensional research-oriented faculty base from the premier institutes of national and international reputes such as IITs, ICT, and NITs etc.
The Department also delighted with sponsored projects funded by different sponsoring agencies such as DST, CCOST etc. In brief, the global presence of the Department is certified by its diversified interdisciplinary techno-research revelation and was accredited by the NBA.
- Chemical Engineering deals with Manufacturing, Designing of equipment, process, and Production.
- Chemical Engineering focuses on learning Chemical Processes; Fertilizers, Polymers, Plastic, Pulp and Paper, Pharmaceutical and their application in the industry.
- Various job profile that suits chemical engineers are Production Engineer, Scientific Research and development services, Environmental Engineer etc
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering specializes in the field of Mass and Heat Transfer, Reaction Engineering, Thermodynamics, Process Dynamics And Control
- Chemical Industries; SAIL, Fertilizer, Rubber, Polymer
- Oil and Petroleum Industries; HPCL, IOCL, NPCIL, ONGC, CIL, etc.;
- Cement Industries; ACC, Lafarge, Ambuja, Ultratech, Shree
- Environmental Sectors; Air, Water, Solid Waste, Safety, and Hazards,
- Food and Beverages
- Paper and Pulp
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|1||Principals of Environmental Engg||1||Environment System Modeling|
|2||Air Pollution Control||2||Natural & Industrial Disaster Management|
|3||Environment System Optimization||3||Environmental Policy & Legislation|
|4||Water Pollution Control||4||Environmental Measurement & Impact Assessment|
|5||Energy & Environment (Elective – I)||5||Membrane Separation Technology (Elective – II)|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|1||Nanotechnology||1||Dissertation +Seminar (Major Project)|
|2||Non Conventional Energy Sources|
Preliminary work on dissertation