About the Course
M. Tech. in Software Engineering is the most popular branch for the students those come to the Institute. Our Postgraduates have distinguished themselves in research studies at the top Universities. They also occupy positions of eminence in the computer industry. Our Alumni remain in constant touch with us and are contributing to the development of the department. Placements for our graduates are the best in the Institute.
Department was established in the academic year 1999 offering a 4-year undergraduate program with an annual intake of 90. The department is also successfully running 2 Post Graduate Programs in Computer Science and Engineering and Software Engineering since 2008.
The faculty members of the department have global experience and training. The departmental research is focused in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Parallel Processing, Software Engineering, Image Processing, and Computer Vision, Medical Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Data mining and Web mining, Biometrics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, and Information Extraction. The department has all the facilities to carry out the related teaching and research work. The Department enthusiastically supports and initiatives students to create intellectual communities that extend beyond the classroom, and we encourage students at all levels to take advantage of the programs offered at the global level.
The scope of the Course in M Tech in computer science and engineering
- Software Engineering: An ability to use knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for software engineering practice.
- Object-oriented design: It’s a structured method for analyzing, designing a system by applying the object-orientated concepts.
- Real-Time System: A real–time system is an information processing system which has to respond to externally generated input stimuli within a finite and specified period.
- Information security: Information security is the set of processes that maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data in its various forms.
- Neural Networks and Machine Learning: Neural networks are a specific set of algorithms that have revolutionized machine learning.
- Expert System: It is a computer system that emulates the decision-making ability of a human expert
- Software Application: The application of computer science and engineering technology to solve problems outside the field of computer science – for example, medical or educational applications.
Post Graduates of this course has an opportunity in the following areas.
- Software engineers generally advance with experience, eventually taking on higher-level positions with more responsibility.
- If a candidate has business skills, could become an information technology manager, project manager, or chief information officer.
- Independent consultants often increase their earnings potential by moving into specialized fields, such as security or cognitive modeling.
- Software engineers must continually increase and update their skill set to stay current with fast-changing technology.
- Many employers, software vendors, training institutions, universities, and professional organizations offer different professional development options, such as workshops, seminars, and certifications.
Some National and Multinational Companies who offer Jobs to Postgraduates are AMAZON, CISCO, Google, IBM, TATA, Infosys, Microsoft, Wipro, Oracle.
|No of Subjects||M Tech 1st Semester||M Tech 2nd Semester||M Tech 3rd Semester||M Tech 4th Semester|
|1||Software Engineering Methodology||Software Architecture and Design Pattern||Data Warehousing & Mining Techniques||Major Project+ Seminar|
|2||Java Programming & Applications||Advanced Database Management System||Enterprise Resource Planning|
|3||Object-Oriented Modeling||Real-Time Systems|
|4||Software Agents||Software Project Management|
|5||Information Security Systems||Neural Network & Fuzzy Logic|