Why to choose Biotechnology Engineering in RITEE ?
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) was established in the year 2004 with an undergraduate programme in Biotechnology on recommendation of Directorate of Technical Education (C.G.). Over the years the department has seen exponential growth and has cemented its credentials both in the field of Teaching and Research. Our vision has been to impart quality education to budding biotechnology professionals and also foster strong interdisciplinary research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. This department is also a recognized research centre for conducting Ph.D. under Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University (CSVTU), Bhilai. Apart from providing in depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects the students are provided with additional training in soft skills and foreign languages, opportunities to explore extra-curricular activities for holistic and enriching experience. Our faculty members are involved in interdisciplinary research in frontier areas such as bioprocess technology, environmental biotechnology, nanotechnology, microbial technology, bioinformatics, genetic engineering to name a few. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and have been demonstrated in the field of patenting and innovation, product and process; resulting in increased knowledge generation through life science research and application of techniques of biotechnology. These will influence the existing paradigm of health care, agriculture in production and manufacturing processes and conservation of environment. With the team work of all the faculty members of the department continues to grow for the betterment of the students.
Head of the Department (Biotechnology)
Dr. Ravi Kant Singh received the M.Tech degree in Biotechnology from IET, Lucknow in the year of 2002 and later on he obtained Ph.D. degree in Biotechnology from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow in the year of 2008. Dr. Singh has completed his M.Tech dissertation work from Developmental Toxicology Division of Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (IITR), Lucknow and Ph.D. research work from Biochemical Reaction Engineering Lab of Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. He is well experienced & specialized faculty with more than 15 years of teaching experience at UG & PG level .in various engineering institutes. Presently he is working as Professor & Head of the Department (HOD) Biotechnology at Raipur Institute of Technology (RITEE), Raipur. His area of interest and specialization is Biochemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Bioreactor Design & Analysis and Environmental Biotechnology. He has published more than 30 research papers in refereed journals and more than 10 research papers in various national and international conferences. He has also guided more than 10 (Ten) M.Tech. Dissertations and 04 (Four) Ph.D. Research work. Dr. Singh is technical reviewer & editorial member of various international journals. He is a member of Board of Studies & approved supervisor in Biotechnology at Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. He is also an expert consultant to many organizations & industries in India in the fields of Environment Biotechnology & Bioprocess Engineering. He is life member of Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy, India and Association of Microbiologist of India, India and The Indian Society of Human Genetics.
|S. No.||Name of Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Specialization|
|1||Dr. Tanushree Chatterjee||Ph.D., PDF||Principal||Microbiology & Plant Biotechnology|
|2||Dr. Ravi Kant Singh||M.Tech., Ph.D.||Dean Academics & HOD (BT)||Bioprocess Engineering & Environmental Biotechnology|
|3||Mr. Mohit Mishra||M.Tech., Ph.D.*||Assistant Professor||Bioinformatics & Biochemistry|
|4||Ms. Mrinalini Singh||B.E., M.E||Assistant Professor||Molecular Biology & Immunology|
|5||Mr. Dilip Kumar Patel||B.E., M.E*||Assistant Professor||Chemical Engineering|
- B.E. in Biotechnology (30 seats)
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology (Recognized by CSVTU since 2008)
To transform the department into Centre of Excellence with innovative research in cutting edge areas of Biotechnology and inculcate problem-solving skills in the budding bio-technocrats with capability of meeting emerging challenges in education and industry.
M-1: To develop state of the art research facilities in the field of biotechnology to fulfill global requirements of human resources.
M-2: To impart quality education to the students and to enhance their technical skills to make them globally competitive and encourage the culture of continuous learning to adopt advanced technologies for the solution complex problems.
M-3: To impart academics, corporate and entrepreneurial leadership in our students along with global awareness required by the engineering profession.
M-4: To inculcate social and ethical values in graduates for progressive attainment at the social level.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1: Biotechnology graduate will have successful technical and professional career by providing high quality education with sufficient emphasis both on theory and practical.
PEO 2: To bridge the gap between academia and industry so that Biotechnology graduate will continue to learn and adapt in advanced technology.
PEO 3: To inculcate the students with the professional & ethical attitude, teamwork and skills having multidisciplinary approach.
PEO 4: To encourage faculty & students to go for higher studies and give something unique to the society.
Strengths of Biotechnology Department
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) provides industry oriented (Hands on Training) inside the campus through industry professionals.
- Biotechnology Department has signed MOU with Adithya Biotech Lab & Research Pvt. Ltd., Raipur for research activities in the field of Plant Biotechnology.
- Dr. Tanushree Chatterjee, Principal (RIT) is Chairman of Board of Studies (BOS) in Biotechnology at CSVTU, Bhilai.
- Dr. Ravi Kant Singh, HOD (Biotechnology) is Sr. Member of Board of Studies (BOS) in Biotechnology at Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow.
- Dr. Tanushree Chatterjee, Principal (RIT) is approved supervisor in Biotechnology at CSVTU, Bhilai.
- Dr. Ravi Kant Singh, HOD (Biotechnology) is approved supervisor in Biotechnology at Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow.
- Biotechnology faculty members are acting as editorial board members of various international journals and educational societies.
- Biotechnology department has highly qualified, experienced and specialized faculty members.
- Biotechnology department has well equipped laboratories with advanced analytical instruments.
- Students are encouraged for higher studies and research work in Abroad & national reputed institutions like IITs, IIMs, IISERs, NITs, and Central Universities through different competitive examinations.
- Remedial classes apart from regular classes are conducted for academically weak students.
Research and Development (R&D) activities
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology (Recognized by CSVTU since 2008)
- Mr. Rakesh Meena- Principle Investigator in project entitled-Marker Assisted Breeding for Development of Gynoecious Indian Bitter Gourd (Momordicacharantia L.), CG-COST, Chhattisgarh Govt. from year 2015 to year 2018.
- Mr. Rakesh Meena, Co-investigator in project entitled-Marker assisted introgression of Yellow vein mosaic virus (YVMV) resistance trait in high yielding varieties of Okra funded by DBT, GOI, from year 2013 to year 2016.
- Mr. Rakesh Meena, Co-investigator in project entitled- Identification of DNA markers linked to elite traits in micropropagated banana plants funded by DBT, GOI from year 2012 to year 2015
- Dr. Prashant Shukla, Research project sanctioned from DST, Correlation between PUFA production and NaCl tolerance of psychrophilic bacteria from western Himalayan region
- Mr. Mohit Mishra, Research project sanctioned from Chhattisgarh Council of Science and Technology (Mini Research Project) Cost Rs 2 lakh Indravati Colony Raipur, completed on "Production and Recovery of Organic acid from Domestic waste for their application in Biotechnology".
- Dr. Tanushree Chatterjee ; Chief Coordinator in MODROB-AICTE, New Delhi project on "Sustainable Development of Gluconic Acid by cheaper methods", 2011
- Mr. Mohit Mishra filed a patent for working on "Production of bioethanol from Jatropha Biodiesel waste". The process is already approved by patent office, Mumbai under initial stage,2009
- Mr. Jai Godheja- Completed M.Phil on project "Anti-inflammatory and antilipid peroxidative effects of Ceiba pentandra in carragenan induced acute inflammation in albino wistar rats" in 2008
- Dr. Tanushree Chatterjee - Co-Principal Investigator in DST & MOEF, New Delhi in a three year project started on 2006