Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil Engineering is traditionally broken into a number of sub-disciplines. It is the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military Engineering. Civil Engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
Why to choose Civil Engineering in RITEE ?
About the Department
Welcome to the Department of Civil Engineering at RITEE. This is our pleasure intended to present you with general information on our vision, mission, research activities, facilities, and the special programs available to you in this department. We pride ourselves in the varied research initiatives and special programs residing in the department.
The department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009. Our Dept. has well qualified teaching faculties which has great length of experience. Faculty is a conglomerate of variety of field experienced people and also people with high academic career and varied specialization like Structures, Water Resources Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, etc. We have two supporting staff which is able to impart good practical knowledge to the students. The Department has well equipped labs with essential computerization.
The study of Civil Engineering bestows the scholar with an excellent general education and prepares students for the multifaceted challenges of our evolving technological world. As one might imagine, a merger of this complexity is not achieved overnight. The next few years will witness exciting changes in our research portfolio, faculty demographics, and academic programs. Our student's active participation in College Social Gathering & Sports is appreciable. As a co curricular activity every year many students participate in Paper presentation contest at other Institutes also. Many of our Alumni are serving in Govt. organizations, Software industry, and many have become entrepreneurs in construction industry. At final year, students are exposed to technical and real world problems in their project work. Some of notable projects are: Parametric Study of Engineered Cement Composites with SCM, BRT: A Progressive Mode of Transportation in Raipur, Study of Noise Level and Development of a Mathematical Model for Raipur City, A Dream Proposal on Raipur as a Smart city etc. Our University results are satisfactory. And of course lot of efforts are being put to brighten the same. The department has our own Departmental library which is managed by staff and students together.
The program emphasizes interdisciplinary team work, Seminars, communication skills, tools and skills for professional practice, and lifelong learning. We wish you all the best for your bright future in civil engineering.
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT AT A GLANCE
|Degree Course Offered||B.E. (Civil)|
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Affiliated to||CSVTU, Bhilai|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Intake||120 (First Shift)
36 (Second Shift)
CIVIL Benediction from the HOD
India is on the verge of witnessing sustained growth in infrastructure build up and construction industry. There is a strong wave powered by large spends in housing, road, ports, water supply, rail transport & airport development. In the eleventh five year plan (2012-17), the planning commission of India has proposed an investment of around US $ 1 trillion. Looking to this scenario, the construction sector is a major employment driver next to agriculture and about 250 ancillary industries such as cement, steel, brick, timber has equal potential to grow.
The civil engineering branch will provide the expert manpower for this development. The Department of Civil Engineering at Raipur Institute of Technology, Raipur strives the best to produce competent civil engineers to serve for the nation. Our mission is to foster technically sound engineers to keep abreast with recent technological trends. We the team of faculty, holds the shear responsibility to impart the knowledge, culture, strong behavior & positive attitude. The students having such high qualities to serve our nation will become a valuable asset.
STRENGTH OF DEPARTMENT
- The department has very good infrastructure facilities along with senior dedicated faculty.
- Well experienced and highly qualified faculty.
- Software’s for analysis and design of structures.
- Special survey equipments like EDM and one second thedolite.
- Class rooms with advanced teaching aids like LCD Projectors.
- Separate internet Center for the department.
- Departmental Library.
To serve the society at large in the field of Civil engineering with emphasis on value based state of the art technical knowledge, inculcating applied research, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
Encouraging the students in the sense of invention, design and entrepreneurship and make them competent to face challenges of future.
- Applying fundamental technical knowledge and skills to find creative solutions to technological challenges and problems in various domains of Civil Engineering.
- Analyzing, designing and using skills in order to formulate and solve Civil Engineering problems.
- Practicing Civil Engineering in an ethical manner, as an individual or a team member, implementing eco- friendly sustainable technologies.
- To take up higher education and R & D in civil engineering and allied areas of science and technology for the benefit of industry and society.
FACULTIES OF DEPARTMENT
|Sr. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||Area of Interest|
|1||Prof. Anil Sharma||B.E. (Civil), M.Tech (Environmental) Retired Chief engineer, Pollution control Board, Chhattisgarh State||Professor, Head of Research and Development||Air Pollution Monitoring, Waste water Treatment, Solid waste management|
|2||Prof. Rajan Mishra||B.E. (Civil), M.E. (Structure), E-MBA (Infrastructure & Construction Management), PGDBM, DIP. in Total Quality Control||Associate Professor||Concrete Technology|
|3||Prof. Badrinarayan Rath||B.E. (Civil), M.E. (Building Science & Tech), *PhD (Concrete Technology) Pursuing||Asst. Professor, Head of Department||Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Marginal Materials, Building Materials|
|4||Prof. Deepak Biswal||B.E. (Civil), M.E. (Environmental Engineering)||Asst. Professor||Noise Pollution, Solid Waste Management|
|5||Prof. R.B. Malathy||B.E. (Civil), M.E. (Structure), *PhD (Structure) Pursuing||Asst. Professor||Structural Dynamics|
|6||Prof. Vishal Singh||B.E. (Civil)||Asst. Professor||Water Resources Engineering|
|7||Prof. Gopesh Dawada||B.E. (Civil)||Asst. Professor||Field Surveying, Quantity of Surveying and Valuation|
|8||Prof. Shiv Srivastav||B.E. (Civil)||Guest Lecture||Surveying|
ACHIEVEMENTS OF CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
- Prof. Amit Mishra presented paper on "Recycling of Concrete: An Experimental Study for its Use", at International Conference on Environmentally Sustainable Ecosystem, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Prof. Amit Mishra is awarded M.E. from CSVTU, Bhilai.
- Mr. Tarun Rajak and Mr. Harish kumar qualified GATE-2013.
- Prof. Deepak Kumar Biswal is awarded M.E. from CSVTU, Bhilai.
- Prof. Padmashree Jaiswal cleared GATE-2014.
- Badrinarayan Rath published paper on "Reducing the Life Cycle Cost of Reinforced Concrete Structures by Using Fiber in Concrete". i-manager's Journal on Civil Engineering,Vol- 4(3), pp-1-9.
- Mr. Amalendra Paikrai and Mr. Hitesh Jain qualified GATE-2014.
- Mr. Padmashree Jaiswal cleared RRB JE-2014.
- Badrinarayan Rath presented paper on "A Review on Possibility of Sustainable Engineered Cement Concrete" UKIERI Concrete Congress, Concrete Research Driving Profit and Sustainability, November 2-5, 2015, NIT Jalandhar, India.
- Mr. Deepak Sahu qualified GATE-2015.
- Ms. Neelima Verma, Ms. Poonam Sahu, Mr. Lochan Prasad, Mr. Akash Agrawal, Mr. Nemichand and Mr. Asutosh Pandey selected as Junior Engineer under State Urban Development Agency (SUDA).
- Mr. Subham Bansal, Mr. Ankit Bhardwaj and Ms. Sapna Mesram awarded consolidated prize on Entrepreneurship Development Competition organized by CSVTU, Bhilai.
- Mr. Amit Mishra cleared CGPSC and appointed as H.O.D. of Govt. Poly Technique, Ramanujganj.
- Prof. Badrinarayan Rath published paper on "Pond Ash: A Sustainable Building Material for Smart Cities" on Journals of Recent Trends of Civil Engineering and Technology (STM), Vol-6(1), pp-53-59.
- Prof. Badrinarayan Rath published paper on "A Study on Early Age Shrinkage Behavior of Cement Paste with Binary and Ternary Combination of Fly Ash and Pond Ash", Indian Journal of Science and Technology (Scopus Indexed), Vol- 9(44), pp-1-9.
- Ms. Pooja Patel cleared CGPSC-2016 exam and appointed as Asst. Prof. in Govt. Co-Ed Poly Technique, Raipur.
- Kabaddi team of Civil Engg Dept. was the winner in CSVTU inters college competition.
TRAINING AND PLACEMENT
List of students placed in campus interview
|1||Abhya Anjan Sinha||Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd.||2013|
|2||Madhav Kumar||Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd.||2013|
|3||Lipi Verma||Allonline Group||2016|
|4||Diksha Chandrakar||Allonline Group||2016|
|5||Eklak Ahmad Ansari||Allonline Group||2016|
|6||Girdhari Lal||Allonline Group||2016|
|7||Annapurna Vaishnav||Allonline Group||2016|
|8||Sunita Rai||Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd.||2016|
|9||Ritika Namdeo||Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd.||2016|
|10||Suyash Rajput||Epic Research||2016|
|11||Avinash Singh||Epic Research||2016|
|12||Saurabh Chandrakar||Epic Research||2016|
|13||Ayushi Agnihotri||Amazon, Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., GENPACT, VDart Software Services Pvt. Ltd||2017|
|14||Pragati Srivastav||Amazon, Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., GENPACT||2017|
|15||Anagad Singh Grewal||Amazon, Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.,||2017|
|16||Ankit Singh||Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.,||2017|
|17||Yaman Baghel||Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.||2017|
|18||Tukesh Kumar Patle||Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.||2017|
|19||Amit Tiwari||Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.||2017|
|20||Satpreet Singh||Earth Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.||2017|
The Department lays great emphasis on the aspect of correlating the theoretical knowledge with practical exposure. This is achieved by exposing the students to various laboratory sessions in all the domains of Civil Engineering. Various laboratories available in Civil Engineering Department are1. Concrete Technology
2. Environmental Engineering
3. Geotechnical Engineering
4. Structural Engineering
6. Transportation Engineering
7. Material testing
8. Computer Applications
Major equipments in Labs are1. Universal Testing Machine
2. Compression Testing Machine
3. Marshal Stability Apparatus
4. Ductility Test for Bitumen
5. Abrasion Test Apparatus for Aggregate
6. Triaxial Test Apparatus
7. CBR Test Apparatus
8. Direct Shear Test Apparatus
9. Consolidation Test Apparatus
10. Electronics Distance Measurement