The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1995 with an undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering. Over the last two decades, the Department has provided an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and applied research for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The Department is running three different specialization courses in post-graduation level namely: Thermal Engineering, Machine Design, Energy Management. And is a recognized research center for conducting PhD program under Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University (CSVTU), Bhilai Chhattisgarh. The Department has modern infrastructure to undertake high-end teaching, research, and development activities in its modern laboratories, besides highly experienced faculty. The department provides an effective learning platform for understanding the application of basic engineering in the field of thermal, energy management, the design of machines, production, robotics, and computer-aided design and manufacturing etc. Interdisciplinary work is key to our department’s success. Our faculties and students work together in collaborative environments, forging partnerships across campus and with many government agencies and industry partners. It provides quality learning with the widest applicability and most flexibility in terms of career paths. .
The work of a Mechanical Engineer can be extremely challenging and fulfilling, requiring IT, design and analytical skills together with an ability to work as a team. As their work involves production, transmission and use of mechanical power and heat, they have to analyze the different materials used for the machines and their tolerances, investigate the different energy sources.
Vast job opportunities include the following:
To become a Center of Excellence in providing technical education to produce value-based competent professionals who are innovative, entrepreneurial, and knowledgeable in advanced field of Mechanical Engineering to cater the ever-changing industrial demands and social needs.MISSION
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
3.Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Achieve optimized product design utilizing the advanced knowledge in the arenas of Thermal, Design, Manufacturing & Production engineering, and prepare graduate for higher education and research in the chosen field.
2. Analyze, interpret and provide solutions to real life mechanical engineering and related problems.
3. Attain excellence in using managerial tools and techniques for effective and efficient manufacturing and in developing leadership skills with ethical and environmental practices.
The educational objectives of the Mechanical Engineering programme are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of causes and to accommodate the needs of the profession. The Department is dedicated to graduating mechanical engineers who:
1. Shall practice mechanical engineering in the general disciplines of design, thermal and manufacturing engineering in industry and establishments in government and private sectors.
2. Shall apply fundamental technical knowledge and skills to find workable solutions to technological challenges and problems in various areas of mechanical engineering.
3. Shall pursue advanced education, research and development, and creative efforts in mechanical engineering and allied areas of science and technology.
4. Shall practice mechanical engineering in a responsible, professional and ethical manner for the benefit of the industry and society.
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) I Semester
|2||Professional Communication in English|
|5||Elements of Electrical Engineering (New)|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) II Semester
|2||Environment & Ecology|
|3||Applied Physics (New)|
|4||Basic Civil Engineering|
|5||Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering (New)|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) III Semester
|2||Mechanical Measurement and Metrology|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) IV Semester
|3||Strength of Materials|
|5||Kinematics of Machines|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) V Semester
|1||Internal Combustion Engine|
|4||Dynamics of Machines|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) VI Semester
|1||Design of Machine Elements|
|3||Heat & Mass Transfer|
|4||Finite Element Analysis|
|5||Power Plant Engineering|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) VII Semester
|1||Design of Transmission System|
|2||Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning|
|3||Automation in Manufacturing|
|4||Machine Tool Technology|
B.TECH (Mechanical Engineering) VIII Semester
|2||Finite Element Methods|
|3||Industrial Engineering & Management|
|4||Product Development & Design|
Chhatauna, Mandir Hasaud, Sector 1, Chhatouna, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492001 (+91) 93297 73028 (+91) 93297 73026 email@example.com
We help Students succeed in their career—to discover a field they’re passionate about and dare to lead it. Choose from a variety of undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral & Diploma courses available.