Since its inception in the year of 1995, the Department of Chemical Engineering at RIT, Raipur (CG) specializes in most of the modern broad areas as stated above in consideration with conventional and advanced level of technologies such as Process Control, Thermodynamics, Reaction Engineering, Heat & Mass Transfer Operations, Modeling & Simulation, Advanced Separation Techniques, Environmental Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies etc. It is the only institute with repute in Chhattisgarh under CSVTU, other than NIT, Raipur offering Chemical Engineering Course in the state. The Department has academically enriched multi-dimensional research-oriented faculty base from the premier institutes of national and international reputes such as IITs, ICT, and NITs etc.
The Department also delighted with sponsored projects funded by different sponsoring agencies such as DST, COST etc. In brief, the global presence of the Department is certified by its diversified interdisciplinary techno-research revelation and was accredited by the NBA.
Aimed and focused to provide sustainable solution in the fraternity of diversified education, research and outreach program by leveraging Chemical Engineering.MISSION
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
3.Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Acquire high end industry centric skills in the field of Chemical Engineering.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in training for Chemical Engineering unit operations under simulated conditions.
3. Exhibit to the state of the art of software solutions in the field of Chemical Engineering.
1. Successful career: To make the students ready for successful career leading to higher education and/or in industry related domains of design, research and development, testing and manufacturing.
2. Solid foundation: To solve diverse real-life engineering problems equipped with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and chemical engineering principles.
3. Technical reports: To provide the necessary training to the students to conduct and perform the experimental studies physically and by computational methods to analyze and simulate the data to prepare technical reports.
4. Lifelong learning:To motivate and encourage the students to imbibe professionalism, teamwork, leadership, communication skills, ethical approach and adapt to modern trends in Chemical Engineering by engaging in lifelong learning.
5. Multidisciplinary fields: To provide learning opportunity in a broad spectrum of multidisciplinary fields such as petrochemicals, material science, energy, environmental engineering, nanotechnology etc.