About the Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of RIT established in the year 2017, to offer an undergraduate program with an annual intake of 60. The department gifted with highly qualified and dedicated faculty with specialization covering various areas of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The state of art laboratories such as Electrical Circuit Lab, Electrical Machine Lab , Digital Signal Processing Lab, Power Electronics Lab , Switchgear & Protection Lab, Communication Lab, Digital Circuit Lab, Microprocessor, Microcontroller & Embedded system Lab, complement the high standards set by the syllabus and nature the inclination of the students towards research and development, also providing access for high end software like, Mi Power, MATLAB, PSPICE-16.3, PROTEUS along with various processing toolboxes.
Scope of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Some of the Job profiles of a EEE graduate are as follows:
Some of the top recruiters of B.TECH/B.Tech EEE includes the following:
To be a premier department providing value based education and transform students into proficient professionals in Electrical and Electronics Engineering to do extremely well in various challenges to serve the society.MISSION
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
3.Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and adapt to a challenging environment through individual and team work the need of industrial requirement.
2. Design, analyze and evaluate the performance of electrical system using latest tools and gain sufficient competence to solve the problems in the electrical energy sector with future perspective considering socio-economic aspects.
3. Professional acumen towards higher studies and research.
1. To prepare students to succeed in industry/ technical profession and for higher studies and research.
2. To impart the basic science and mathematical foundations, as also the principles and technological advancements made in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and related Fields
3. To enhance the ability of students to design electrical, electronic and computing systems that are innovative and socially acceptable.
4. To motivate the students to exhibit professionalism, ethics, communication skills and team work to motivate them to adapt to through lifelong learning.