About The Department
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) was established in the year 2004 with an undergraduate program in Biotechnology on the recommendation of Directorate of Technical Education (C.G.). Our vision has been to impart quality education for budding biotechnology professionals and also provide strong interdisciplinary research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. Apart from providing in-depth knowledge of core biotechnology subjects the students are provided with additional training in soft skills; opportunities are given to explore extra-curricular activities for holistic development and enriching experience. Interdisciplinary research areas are bioprocess technology, environmental biotechnology, nanotechnology, microbial technology, bioinformatics, genetic engineering; etc. The proven technologies at the laboratory level have been scaled up and have been demonstrated in the field of patenting and innovation, resulting in increased knowledge generation through life science research and application of techniques of biotechnology.
Scope of The Course
- Biotechnology graduates have a vast field of career opportunities depending on their chosen field.
- Pharmaceutical sector, Biological Sciences, Healthcare, Food Processing Industry, Food, and Chemical Industries seek Biotechnology Professionals for handling positions of Production Engineers, Quality Control Analyst, etc.
- India is soon to be a hotspot for the Biotech Industry. It is estimated that the Biotech sector in India is estimated to grow by 46 percent CAGR by 2025.
- India is among the top 12 biotech destinations in the world and ranks third in the Asia-Pacific region. Biotechnology is a promising field that can bring about appreciable changes in agriculture trends, food productions and, healthcare.
The core biotechnological companies providing placements on a mass scale every session are:-
- Dabur Research foundation
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- E Health Care
- Lal Path Labs
- National Council Of Medical Research –NewDelhi
- Windlass Biotech limited
- Mankind Pharmaceuticals
- Amul India
- Mother Dairy India
- Biotech Park – Lucknow
- Zaneka Health Care Pvt.Ltd
To be among the best programs in Biotechnology, generating Bio engineers, along with Technologists with proper attitude, skills, knowledge, ethics and to become a renowned center for the genesis of creative ideas and solutions.
- To provide distinctive and relevant education within scientific and professional environment.
- To develop curricula that are holistic, flexible and dynamic in design so as to nurture heightened cognitive abilities leading to creativity and innovation.
- To dispense quality knowledge and practical skills, to achieve excellence in education and create technologically competent manpower for the global institutions.
- To give impetus to creative minds to transform society through innovation, design and to build entrepreneurship, leadership and to facilitate concerted action.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
- 3.Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
- 10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- 1. To make our students competent in the field of Biotechnology and it’s allied areas.
- 2. To inculcate the capability to work as entrepreneurs and techno-managers with strong ethics and communication skills
- 3. To equip the students to pursue higher education and research in reputed institutes at national and international level.
- 4. To develop a working knowledge of Biotechnology product and process.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates will learn and apply knowledge of Biotechnology, Science and Engineering concepts to solve problems related to field of Biotechnology.
- PEO2: Graduates will be able to design and innovate solution to Biotechnological problems by applying appropriate tools while keeping in mind safety and ethical factor for environmental & society.
- PEO3: Graduates will be able design, perform experiments, analyze and interpret data for investigating complex problems in biotechnology Engineering and related fields.
- PEO4: Graduates will be able to undertake any responsibility as an individual and as a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
- PEO5: Graduates will have thorough knowledge in Biotechnology Engineering and will also be ready to engage themselves in lifelong learning.
Engineering at RITEE USP's
- First & Only Engineering College in Chhattisgarh accredited with Grade A+ by NAAC • Experienced faculties
- Exceptional Laboratory Setup
- Huge collection of books in Library
- 7 Specialization in M.Tech
- 5 Research Centres for Ph.D
- Only Engineering college in India to have a commercial Bio Diesel plant within the campus
- Only Institute in Central India to have a BARC Centre
- First Engineering college of state to adopt Solar Power
- Many research work in progress
- Entrepreneur Development Cell – The story of Suraj Kumar
- Training Program
- Industrial Relation
- Amazing Placement record with highest package of 12 L per annum
- Campus placement of companies like Samsung, LG Soft, Shapoorji Pallonji, Byju’s
- About 45 companies visit every year