Entrance / Selection
Test - Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit basis
Professional Communication in English
Environment & Ecology
Applied Physics (New)
Basic Civil Engineering
Elements of Electrical Engineering
Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
Fluid and Particle Operations
Inorganic Process Technology
Environmental Pollution and Control
Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering
Process Stoichiometric Calculations
Applied Physical Chemistry
Strength of Materials
Instrumentation & Measurement
Fluid Flow Operations
Systems Analysis and computer programming
Heat Transfer Operations
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Computational Methods in Chemical
Separation Processes –I
Organic Process Technology
Process Safety and Plant Utility
Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
Process Equipment Design I
Petroleum Refinery Engineering
Process Equipment Design III
Environment legislation and Impact Assessment
Modeling and Simulation
Separation Processes – II
Process Dynamics and Control
Process Equipment Design-II
Process Economics and Management
Non Conventional Energy Sources
About The Department
Since its inception in the year of 1995, the Department of Chemical Engineering at RITEE, Raipur (CG) specializes in most of the modern broad areas as stated above in consideration with conventional and advanced level of technologies such as Process Control, Thermodynamics, Reaction Engineering, Heat & Mass Transfer Operations, Modeling & Simulation, Advanced Separation Techniques, Environmental Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Alternative and Renewable Energy Technologies etc. It is the only institute with repute in Chhattisgarh under CSVTU, other than NIT, Raipur offering Chemical Engineering Course in the state. The Department has academically enriched multi-dimensional research-oriented faculty base from the premier institutes of national and international reputes such as IITs, ICT, and NITs etc.
The Department also delighted with sponsored projects funded by different sponsoring agencies such as DST, COST etc. In brief, the global presence of the Department is certified by its diversified interdisciplinary techno-research revelation and was accredited by the NBA.
Scope of The Department
Chemical Engineering deals with Manufacturing, Designing of equipment, process, and Production.
Chemical Engineering focuses on learning Chemical Processes; Fertilizers, Polymers, Plastic, Pulp and Paper, Pharmaceutical and their application in the industry.
Various job profile that suits chemical engineers is Production Engineer, Scientific Research and development services, Environmental Engineer etc.
Chemical and Environmental Engineering specializes in the field of Mass and Heat Transfer, Reaction Engineering, Thermodynamics, Process Dynamics And Control.
Chemical Industries; SAIL, Fertilizer, Rubber, Polymer
Oil and Petroleum Industries; HPCL, IOCL, NPCIL, ONGC, CIL, etc.;
Environmental Sectors; Air, Water, Solid Waste, Safety, and Hazards,
Food and Beverages
Paper and Pulp
Aimed and focused to provide sustainable solution in the fraternity of diversified education, research and outreach program by leveraging Chemical Engineering.
To encourage the application of relevant technical education for professional advancement of students by contributing for the societal development.
To imbibe the students with strong leadership skills, professional ethics, values and accountability alongside life-long learning.
To create a vivacious research environment leveraging with sustainable academic education.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify , formulate,review research literature and analyze complex engineering problem reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
3. Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural,society and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leaded in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary setting.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work as amember and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life- long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Acquire high end industry centric skills in the field of Chemical Engineering.
Demonstrate proficiency in training for Chemical Engineering unit operations under simulated conditions.
Exhibit to the state of the art of software solutions in the field of Chemical Engineering.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
1. Successful career: To make the students ready for successful career leading to higher education and/or in industry related domains of design, research and development, testing and manufacturing.
2. Solid foundation: To solve diverse real-life engineering problems equipped with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and chemical engineering principles.
3. Technical reports: To provide the necessary training to the students to conduct and perform the experimental studies physically and by computational methods to analyze and simulate the data to prepare technical reports.
4. Lifelong learning:To motivate and encourage the students to imbibe professionalism, teamwork, leadership, communication skills, ethical approach and adapt to modern trends in Chemical Engineering by engaging in lifelong learning.
5. Multidisciplinary fields: To provide learning opportunity in a broad spectrum of multidisciplinary fields such as petrochemicals, material science, energy, environmental engineering, nanotechnology etc.
Engineering at RITEE USP's
First & Only Engineering College in Chhattisgarh accredited with Grade A+ by NAAC • Experienced faculties
Exceptional Laboratory Setup
Huge collection of books in Library
7 Specialization in M.Tech
5 Research Centres for Ph.D
Only Engineering college in India to have a commercial Bio Diesel plant within the campus
Only Institute in Central India to have a BARC Centre
First Engineering college of state to adopt Solar Power
Many research work in progress
Entrepreneur Development Cell – The story of Suraj Kumar
Amazing Placement record with highest package of 12 L per annum
Campus placement of companies like Samsung, LG Soft, Shapoorji Pallonji, Byju’s
About 45 companies visit every year
We help students succeed in their careers by helping them discover a field they're passionate about and
empowering them to lead in it. Choose from a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and